Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
By signing up for or participating in any activities at Botan Japan/Asia Cultural Exchange (“Botan”), each Member, Non-Member, participant, guest, invitee, or person agrees to be bounded by the terms and conditions set forth below.
For your convenience, we offer various payment types. Payments may be made any time online at www.studiobotan.com, by calling our office directly during our operating hours, or in person by cash, or credit card. All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Should you become injured or ill to the extent that participation in class is not advisable by your physician, you may apply for a Medical Rollover of your unused classes toward a future session to be used within one year, provided your class has been paid in full.
For Medical Rollovers, you must provide a written note from your physician and you must sign out of class no later than 5 hours after such class was scheduled. Failure to notify Botan Japan/Asia Cultural Exchange within 5 hours after missing class will forfeit the possibility of a Medical Rollover. Any request for a Medical Rollover may be granted or denied at Botan Japan/Asia Cultural Exchange’s sole discretion. A written release from your physician will be required to resume classes.
- Full non-refundable payment is required to book a Group Lesson to hold your spot in class.
- 24-hours advance notice is required to reschedule your Group Lesson. If you fail to notify us 24-hours in advance, you will be charged for the full amount of the Group Lesson.
- Full non-refundable payment is required to book a Private Lesson.
- 24-hours advance notice is required to reschedule your Private Lesson. If you fail to notify us 24-hours in advance, you will be charged for the full amount of the Private Lesson.
- Full non-refundable payment is required to book a Private Party.
- 14-days advance booking is required to schedule your Private Party.
- 7-days advance notice is required to reschedule your Private Party.
- Any and all rescheduling will be permitted and arranged at the sole discretion of Botan and subject to availability.
Wait List Policy
- If a space becomes available in a full class due to a signout, all wait-listed students will receive email notification and sign-ups will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All classes must be pre-booked.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn at all times. Men are asked to wear vests/t-shirts at all times.
- If you arrive after the warm-up has started you will be charged for the full amount of the class and cannot be rescheduled for that class.
- In the interest of safety, no person under 18 years of age is admitted to the facility (except during designated, supervised sessions).
Arrival and Departure Times
If it is your first time taking a class at Botan, please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time of your first class and report to reception in order to fill out necessarypaperwork. If it is not your first time, please arrive no later than 5 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of your class. For your safety and in order to minimize disruption to class, if you arrive after the class warm up has started, you will not be allowed to join the class and will be charged for the entire class. You may depart at any time once the class has started, but you cannot make up the class time should you choose to depart early.
Members vs. Non-Members
Members are given special privileges to our facility:
- Members are allowed free studio playtime for any scheduled playtime of the day. Non-members must pay for each playtime session at the time of the session.
- Advance notice and bookings are given to Members for special events and workshops.
- Members will receive invitations to exclusive Members-only events.
Membership is personal to the member and may not be assigned, transferred, sold, and members who lend their membership to third parties will have their membership rescinded without a refund at the sole discretion of Botan.
Members, guests, participants, and invitees must exercise due care when using the premises so as to avoid injury to themselves and to others. Every member, guest, participant, and invitee must comply with the reasonable instruction and guidance of Botan’s management and staff. Members and guest agree to conduct themselves appropriately and not cause any disturbances or interfere with others’ safety and enjoyment of the premises and activities.
Any person who appears intoxicated or who is otherwise disruptive to the conduct of a class, Private Lesson, or Private Party may, at the sole discretion of Botan, be asked not to participate and/ or asked to leave the premises, and will thereby forfeit any deposits and payments made by that person for that class, Private Lesson, or Private Party.
Members must advise staff of any personal, current disability such as blindness, deafness, heart condition, epilepsy, and/or other condition or special circumstances prior to using the facilities so that they help to avoid accidents, injuries, or misadventures to themselves and others. While using the facilities, all Members accept full responsibility for their state of health and physical condition and assume all risks involved in being on the premises and/ or participating in any activity offered by Botan.
No pets will be allowed in the facility or its grounds with the exception of registered guide dogs.
Members and guest shall not conduct, purchase, or subscribe to any commercial business or activity on the premises or solicit other members or guests for any reason without Botan’s prior written consent. Under no circumstances shall members, participants, or guests interfere with Botan’s conduct of its business.
Smoking is not permitted in any part of the facility.
Cell Phone Usage
The use of cell phone is not allowed beyond the reception area unless permission is expressly provided. Permission shall be granted at the sole discretion of Botan’s staff and management.
Neither Botan nor its employees, management, staff, or agents shall be liable for any loss, damage, or theft of personal property belonging to any member or any guest of a member occurring on the premises.
If any personal property is found please hand it in at the reception desk. Any property that is not claimed within 28 days will be donated to a worthy charitable cause.
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure
All class content, including but not limited to teaching method, curriculum, discussions, written materials, movements, dance steps, routines, choreography (collectively “Proprietary Information”), are the property of Botan Japan/Asia Cultural Exchange LLC and constitute confidential and proprietary business information and/or copyrighted material and trade secrets. You agree to keep the Proprietary Information confidential and not to disclose the Proprietary Information to anyone without the prior written consent of Botan Japan/Asia Cultural Exchange LLC. You further expressly agree that you will not use the Proprietary Information for the purpose of soliciting any students or employees of Botan or to otherwise compete with Botan.
Revocable License to Enter the Premises
Members and guests are admitted to Botan’s premises based on a revocable license to enter and use the premises. Membership and/ or admission may be refused, revoked, or rescinded for any reason at the sole discretion of the management of Botan at any time.
Changes to Facilities, Services Offered, and Terms and Conditions
Facilities and services offered may vary at the sole discretion of the management of Botan.
Botan reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions at its sole discretion. All amendments to these Terms and Conditions are effective immediately. Botan may revoke or suspend your participation in Botan’s activities or limit your access to its premises if you fail to follow these Terms and Conditions or for any reasons of nuisance, disturbance, moral turpitude, or fraud.